Monday, June 8, 2009

Ok I'm back! it was a good lunch of noodles sauce and sausages =). If you took a break as well, welcome back and I hope everything came out ok, if you decided not to take a break because the suspense of me telling you that "this is where it gets good" caused you keep reading... I hope i don't disappoint you and i hope you don't pee your pants or die of starvation. (i really am confused at how "don't" doesn't  show up in the spell check list of when i type "dont" instead i get words like do, daunt, wont, font, and donut. If that doesn't warrant confusion according to your standards... perhaps i shall add the tidbit of information that when i type "doesnt" guess what my option to change it is? "doesn't" why spell check why!) I am not responsible for any harm that comes to you by reading of this blog. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! Do not send me any dry cleaning bills of pants do to laughter induced pants peeing or peeing caused by simple neglect to pee. Should I start adding sound effects of waterfalls/rain/rivers to my blog then I may take a partial responsibility for your micturating. Haha spellcheck didn't even have that one! I win. I beat spellcheck. For those that doubt me http://www.thefreedictionary.com/micturate .
I David Plummer the worst speller in the world just had to tell my spell check to "learn" a word... and by using that link i somehow changed my fonts?
Haha fixed it. OK well i guess I'll get back to typing about here. Feel free to micturate at your own discretion. So I make it to the train station and look at the times on the board and knowing that i cant speak time in czech I write down the trains information and then iphone translate the word for train ticket "cesta vlakem cedulka" I am still not sure if it was right because thinking i had it all taken care of I walk to to the lady at the booth an show here my paper with a smile and she looks at it and looks at me and shakes her head no and says "ne." ....Crap. So i'm like I KNOW i'll call Tereza and have her tell the lady over the phone... my phone had run out of credits from calling and talking to my bank trying to figure out an international charges situation (which btw after all of that I haven't (spellcheck does change havn't to haven't btw) noticed any extra charges from using an atm on my online banking system. SO yay for that. So I couldn't call her! BAH! So here it goes... david making it work.. I sit back and listen to people buying tickets... several just went up to her and said "praha" (prague) and hands her money and she gives them a ticket. So i go up and say "praha" and hand her my discount card and she shows me how much and i pay for it. We then go on talking to each other in our individual languages only understanding numbers that are written down on paper we are able to figure out that the train I was asking for no longer ran at that time and that it leaves in 5 minutes... so upon realizing that i run to the tracks and get on the train with about 2 minutes to spare lol. I just want to say that I am SO mad at myself for sleeping on the train into Usti. Because I was just in awe at how beautiful the landscape was on this train ride. I hope i never miss it again! I don't care how tired i am. I wanted to say how beautiful it was to the people on the train (as if they didn't already know) but i couldn't i was speechless... and it wouldn't have mattered... they didn't speak english. The train gets to Prague at one of the stations i wasn't familiar with but thats ok because the trains go to the other stations I am familiar with before they leave the city. Then the voice on the intercom says "This will be this trains only stop in prague".... oh good. And so I quickly get off the train and then David goes exploring! LOL it wasn't that bad because i had already planned on going exploring that day but I would have preferred to start from a location I am familiar with. Oh well its not like I had a choice. (Just want to point out that i still didn't have  a phone i could use to call anyone, but i could still receive calls... at that point my mindset was, if i get lost and i cant find a place to recharge the phone by a day or so... someone will call me eventually. so i felt much better) So I went exploring all around the station but nothing really exciting to see but then i saw the metro station and I was ok at that point. I am learning my way around the metro pretty well. To further enhance my knowledge of the transportation system I began my exploring process that i carefully planned out the night before... I go down one of the three metro rails getting off at each stop and going up top to look around for a few blocks and getting back in. Some places i walked to the point of finding the next metro stop on my own. (this was pretty helpful as far as trying to learn which areas are worth just walking to and which ones its better to take the subway. The process was a lot of fun but a whole lot of walking. I only finished one of the three lines before I decided to just go walk around and explore the main tourist area (well i assume it is) its winceslas square (i know i butchered the spelling on that.) OH MY. So much shopping and so many tourists. I have decided that whatever it is I end up doing in the long run... i hope it earns a lot of money so I can come to prague and actually go shopping here lol. I really wish I could have afforded some clothes from  a store called Peitro Filipe (the website is pretty lame because it doesn't really show you anythinghttp://www.pietro-filipi.com) It is a czech brand that seems to be about a half a step up from banana republic, but with more of a euro look. I didn't even go inside to look at the prices so maybe its not that bad =/. But without a doubt it is out of my current budget's price range lol. (and by that i mean they charge money for the clothes) But to make up for the total bumming me out feeling of only being able to look and not touch in all the shops, were all the people! Tons of people from who knows how many countries. It was the weekend so you can pretty much bet that most of the people there were tourists. I got to hear a lot of english and strike up a few conversations and even help some college students find the McDonald's lol. That was a nice experience to be able to understand and be understood perfectly. Tereza speaks english extremely well but she is so busy with her finals that i don't want to stress her out anymore by making her speak english all the time =/.  One thing I couldn't help but notice were all the people wearing all white outfits. I remember seeing them the last time i was here but this just seemed unusual. It started off with just a couple people here and there but then there were groups of three or four people.. then groups of 10 then it got to the point that you could look in any direction and see that like 1/10 (maybe more) of the people you see were wearing all white outfits. It was crazy! So I find a vodafone place and recharge my card (because apparently the fear of getting lost wasn't enough concern to recharge my phone but figuring out why everyone around me had on all white outfits was) and i call tereza. She was like white outfits are normal or something like that and then i was like no they are everywhere! but she didn't know what was going on. So I looked for someone in white who spoke english seeing if it was some sort of holiday or what. Suddenly the percentage of english speakers dropped to %0. So failing to figure out the white mystery I get on the metro back to tereza's parents house. On the subway i once again notice the huge numbers of white outfits... at this point 70% of the train was in all white. But they were all going the opposite way as me.. and refusing to be out of the loop I turn to the person beside me and just ask "do you speak english" amazingly they did. They explained to me that tonight is "sensation white." One of the worlds largest techno/dj dance parties! But in order to get in you must be wearing all white. I instantly started trying to remember what clothes i had brought with me and how much of it was white... Sadly i was without white shorts.. BUM BUM BUM. But being the amazing shopper that I am, I remembered seeing a pair of white shorts at an H&M store (kinda like a GAP) for 50% off. So I hop off the subway, at the next stop of coarse..not while it was moving... i wasn't THAT excited. And run to the H&M store and get there 15 minutes before it was going to close! And get the shorts for about $18 (i know it wasn't in my budget but this is like a once in a lifetime thing (the concert. not the shorts) and they just dont have them in the US i've looked for them!) OOOoooHH the icing on the cake was that the shorts weren't shorts... they were man capri's! I wanted to get a pair so badly and now i have one! LOL. I make it to Tereza's parents house and change and make it to the show about an hour late... a little bummed because i didn't know how long it would last. It was at the O2 Arena which is quite a huge arena and it was literally packed wall to wall on the floor, the first level, second level, and even the third level of seating, with thousands of people dressed all in white outfits dancing to some of the best techno/house djs in the world. I can not begin to describe how much fun this was. Think of a scenario that you have been in that was so full of energy and just really fun people and really loud exciting music (if you have ever been in something like that) then multiply it by like 10,000 lol. They had a huge elaborate stage in the middle with these two bridges that you could walk under going to it. I say you could only walk under the bridges because they would have these big water fountains and pyrotechnics and dancers going across them all the time. I really could write about the event for a day and not do it justice! I will try to post some picutres of it soon but they still cant put you there. Oh and that little bit of worry that I had about missing an hour of it.. it lasted till 5:30am so i wasn't too mad about loosing that hour! and when i talk about it going untill 5:30 you might think thats when the party started to die out.... NOPE I would have to say that 80% of the people and maybe more were there till the very end! Knowing that tereza wouldn't be up at that point to let me in I went to mcdonald's (a, it was the only place open and b, I think my day of exploring and all night euro dance party concert was enough of a European experience to allow for an american meal. And i found out that one of the creators of mcdonald's or something was czech so that was good enough for me)  for breakfast... but they didn't sever breakfast so i got 2 double cheeseburgers and some fries and a water. They tasted SOOOO GOOOD. But after all the healthy food i've been eating it made me kinda sick later =/. But i got back to her parent's house and went to sleep for a few hours and got up at 11:00 I will tell you about why i only slept so little later but for now I have to go with tereza to see if i can get my business cards printed... I told you this was going to be a long day of posting (about 5 minutes ago her dad asked me if i was writing a book LOL I guess i have been typing a while)

No comments:

Post a Comment