Saturday, June 13, 2009

OK so speed update to today.
Things i have Done lol

Watched Tereza's boyfriend compete in the governor's cup rowing competition. His 9 man boat won the amateur  devision and I think placed 4th/5 in the last race against all the professional teams. 

Slept for a Full Day due to my complete lack of sleep at sensation white. 

Went into prague and ran around with tereza as she did some school errands.

Celebrated her mom's "name day" its like a birthday but everybody with your name celebrates it on that day. (from what i understand, for a while there were 365 guy names and girl names to choose from.) When i get back to the US i'm starting a David Day.

Ate a meal consisting of raw beef (specially cut and prepared to be served raw so its apparently safe lol), egg, spices, onions, sauces and spread on a piece of toast. Think of it of like a really awesome way to make a burger patty... just not cooked.. and better safer meat than ground beef)
Funny story about the beef though. Tereza was talking to me on the bus about the meal and how good it was. In trying to describe to me what it was she asked. "Have you ever had raped cow?"......I was  a little to shocked to say anything but "um... no"..... "You have never had raped cow?".... "lol no.... i don't think your wording it right... i hope your not wording it right." She says "uncooked cow?" ..... lol with lots of relief i say "OH RAW COW"...."WHEW" and we still laugh about that and probably will laugh about it for quite some time.

Went to a concert of a band called Hamleti. They were a group that brought up different singers to perform different songs from the 70s and 80s in costume and everything. Sounds cheezy but it really was pretty awesome. I was a little lost on the euro songs... and I had to explain that I don't know any David Hasselhof songs... But it was a pretty typical bar concert setting... maybe a bit bigger and a bit more proffessionaly handled. But the show was legit. And when I say they brought up people to sing. It was everything from friends of theirs, people from the bar, one famous czech singer guy that showed up so they brought him up on stage and made him sing something, and different contestants from seasons of Czech Idol. It really was an experience. 

Went to the gym a few times. Watched a few "design research" movies at school. Got sick. Got little better. Got sicker. Got better. 

The day before yesterday I found an add in the paper looking for a ghost tour guide! So yesterday I went to a meeting/demo tour they were giving. It was cold and rainy but i didn't want to miss the opportunity. It was a great time and even if i don't get the gig... i got a free tour of old town out of it =).  One of the actual tourists on the tour was from Fayetteville so that was fun to talk to an arky. What i thought was a bad thing was that the tour ended and I stayed and talked for a while and missed the last train of the night into Usti Nad Labem... Next train 3:40 am! Good times. So my first thought was "no big deal i can roam the touristy parts of the city which are still fun on a friday night till then but then i remembered that the station the train left from wassn't the one near the tourist area and public transportation shuts down at 12:30... So instead i went to the station and found a McDondalds. I can honestly say.. they have the best bigmac i've ever tasted! It was there that I also got my first real taste of ... "oh this is why people dont like americans" (wait second... there were some really loud texans at the tram stop after the concert) But this guy was with two czech and a canadian girl... but for lack of a better explanation, he was just plain obnoxious. He wouldn't shut up, he was rude, he kept eating their food and talking with his mouth full... I mean he wasn't being a typical "american" but he was the american that everyone notices because of his behavior so that is what they think of when the think of an american. So sad so sad. Kinda makes you wish you had some sort of power to disown someone from your country and send them to another country... but i think people already tried that with australia back in the day. The McD's closed at around 12:30ish so i headed to the train station... I see a cofee machine and see that it has hot chocolate...Excitedly I realise i have just enough change left from mcdonald's to get a cup! So i put in my money and watch as the machine fails to dispense a cup and just shoots the potentialy delicious stream of hot chocolate down the drain. Then to make things a lot more fun a cop approaches me and speaks check and points to the door... Guessing that he thought I was just a homeless person or a tourist trying to get out of paying for lodging and was shooing me out the door, I show him my ticket for the 3:40 train.... he walks off. Thinking everything is ok I settle down for my long wait... Just as i get comfy on my wooden bench he returns with an "english speaking" officer. "Train station finished for tonight. Open 3am"....... . . ... . So just an FYI to anyone traveling... prague train stations close from 12:30 to 3am for no apparent reason. (not to jump ahead but when i got back to the station after it re-opened, it was the same employees working and no cleaning or anything had been done).  On my way out I see the officers trying to explain to another man the crappy situation but the other guy was russian and spoke some english but not good enough english to understand the police officers bad english. So i step in to explain. So thats how i met my friend Alexander from Russia lol. (more to the story but I have to go for now) (dont worry i make it home safely lol) 

No comments:

Post a Comment