Thursday
Thursday will be pretty easy to write about because I didn't really do much =/. It was kinda a homesick day. I miss everyone a lot. The question is " did i not do much because i was home sick, or was i home sick because i didn't do much?" I went to the gym that morning. I wasn't going to worry too much about working out but two things made me decide to go. One reason is because when I am in good shape and exercise I feel better, it cheers me up and gives me more energy. The other equally important reason is that I cant let michael get in better shape than me... I just cant let it happen. I really like this gym. It is pretty old but has a lot of equipment. The equipment is probably best described as a 1980s high-school gym equipment. But it all works and they have plenty of free weights so I'll be just fine there. They also have a HUGE pool (haha i first typed "poop" and that would be really funny if the gym also had a HUGE poop) which is like a $1 and you can swim for an hour. That will be fun to do once or twice week but I wish that i could pay for less than an hour because with the shape i'm in I'll be lucky to go 30 minutes without drowning. Then I went to grocery store because it actualy is one of my favorite places to eat now lol. They have these little personal pizza things (not anything like our pizza) that are really good and are $1.50 or they have these good sandwhiches made out of some big thick slice of i'm guessing a ham product.. I would best describe it as luxury spam for $1. So good with czech mustard =). After that I went back to the computer lab and went through facebooks and talked to people and missed people. But i'll be ok. After a while Adam (one of the student and i would consider a new friend) put on another movie. Movies are fun because they show them at school and they are just pirated off the internet but there are some ok computer speakers and the schools projector. My favorite part though is that they call it "product design research." Then I went back home and read in my "film makers handbook" which is pretty much 4 years of film-school in like 600 pages. Not quite as in depth as film school and no hands on experience. But its a great "refresh my knowledge" book.
Friday
Friday was a bit more fun. I did some walking around with Tereza and with Adam as they got ready to go back into prague. I stayed in Usti because I was planning on going to one of the roomate's art exhibits on saturday then going to Prague, but those plans fell through because they were going to have to be there all day long and we thought monday would be a better day to go (which those plans fell through as well so I am just going to see pictures of it lol). I then almost fell to my McDonalds temptations so I can remember being home a bit better =). Unfortunately when i went in and saw that bigmacs are so expensive I decided best to go back to my grocery store for my mystery sandwich or pizza and to do some grocery shopping. YES this time i went for it and got the bread from the bins. All is well with the bin bread... No sickness that i am aware of was caused by consumption. I also added a bit of flare to my diet with nutella! It is so good on that bread and it has a lot of calories in it! yay for those! I went home and ate and read some more then went up to school and sent out some emails to some more job contacts. I will be going to visit some studios with my new cards and resume hopefully next week (the end of this week i mean... i guess when i was typing this i got a bit too far into character and thought it was friday) . My search for affordable Czech classes in Usti has come up empty so I will have to settle for english only jobs which aren't hard to find in prague... but hard to find in film. I also have the info for a couple casting agency's, so I am going to see if i can get one of the photography students at the school to take a head shot of me to send in. Friday night was less that exciting with more reading and eating and sleeping.
Saturday!
Ok this is where it gets good i think. Saturday I woke up and ate and went to the gym again. Then had my protein shake and bread with nutella =) and packed up a lunch of a couple sandwiches and 2 pieces of bread and my jar of nutella and a bottle of water and started my adventure to prague! by myself! BUM BUM BUM! Well here i am all packed up with my new well earned rain coat over my bag because it was raining again. walking down the streets of prague. Saturdays are really slow days in smaller towns like Usti anyway then throw in the rain and I pretty much felt like I was in "i am legend." (you know with will smith all by himself in the city?) It made me wish I had a dog though.... and the mustang that he raced through the empty streets in.... ok i'm posting this so i dont loose it but i'm going to go eat lol.. you can take a break here and use the bathroom or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment